Sunday, June 26, 2011

...concepts

had the opportunity to shoot two of my former photography students and their friend to cap off the trio of friends. the third friend will be moving away within the next month, and one of my students will be leaving the state for about 4 weeks, so this was one of the last weekends they would all be together, so they asked me to do a shoot with them. they had purchased dresses together, got friendship bracelets, and a few other things, and i was apart of the weekend.. 



over the past week or two since my last shoot, and i had been stressing about posing, and not just finding great locations and having models that fell into great poses because they happened to be photogenic.. i really wanted to focus on my posing.  the one thing that Jasmine star had mentioned that stuck with me was that she didn't put them into a pose, because then... it looked posed. she thought of where she wanted them to end up, and then worked them into the pose, having them do certain things that would end them up in the pose so it would seem a bit more natural. i didn't do that entirely last night, but i did have a bit better process as far as the posing of the girls were concerned..

1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I actually know Mayra and her family... good job. :)

    ReplyDelete